No need for food waste here!
Have you ever gotten to the last little bit of a vegetable or fruit and thought they only thing left to do was toss it? Or maybe you didn't get to one before it looked like it should be thrown out? Well there's no need to create more food waste! Here are two foods you can regrow right at home instead of throwing out.
- Fill a bowl or cup with water and place your bit of ginger root inside.
- After a few weeks, watch for little sprouts to form.
- At this point, transfer the ginger to some potted soil. Give it plenty of space and moisture.
- After a few weeks, harvest your new ginger root!
- Note where the sprouts (or eyes) are on the potato. Cut it in half so there are sprouts on both halves.
- Let the halves dry out overnight on a paper towel.
- Plant the dried potato halves in soil, cut side down.
- Small potatoes will be ready to harvest in about 10 weeks, while larger potatoes will be ready in about three to four months.
There's no need for food waste here when you know the tips and tricks to use up all your food at home. And click here to see which foods you can keep past the Sell By date!