Here’s her super simple routine.
Jamika Pessoa knows great hair starts at the scalp. So she makes sure to give her scalp some extra love and attention. She has a special moisturizing treatment routine she does about every other month — or even twice a month when it's dry and cold. Whenever her tresses needs an extra boost to tame wispy hairs, frizzy flyaways or itchy dandruff.
Her go-to ingredient is something you probably have in your kitchen right now: olive oil! And her routine is super simple for you to do at home. Follow the steps below.
Jamika’s Simple Scalp Moisturizing Treatment
- Fill a mug with water and microwave for about 1 minute.
- Find a small glass or microwave-safe bottle — like an old skin care bottle with an eye dropper dispenser. Make sure it’s clean and fill it with olive oil.
- When the mug water is hot, drop the closed bottle of olive oil in the water. Let it sit for a few minutes to warm up.
- Test the temperature of the olive oil on the back of your hand. Make sure it’s warm but not too hot for your scalp’s sensitive skin.
- Section your hair with a pointy comb. Starting at your hairline and going all the way back, rub the oil on your scalp. You can even give yourself a head massage while you do it!
- Wrap your hair in a towel and let the oil sit for 20 minutes.
- Wash your hair and style as normal.