Check out these fabulous spreads and how to recreate them at home.
What is it about a good cheese board that just makes us drool? The cheese, the fruit, the extras, the display. It all comes together in one easy-to-eat package. Plus, it can be a just a snack or an entire meal and will stay fresh in the fridge for a while. Sometimes, preparing the board can be just as fun as eating it, almost as if you’re doing a fun art project. We even like to get the kids involved. What’s not to love?
There are theories as to why cheese boards are so popular with millennials — being raised on Lunchables is a good one — and there are countless drool-worthy Instagram accounts showcasing these stunning cheese and fruit creations to prove it.
We picked five of our favorites on Instagram that we just may try to recreate this week:
1. Wow your guests by dressing up a board with figs, apricots, a variety of nuts, and sliced meats.
2. Sweeten up a cheese board by adding chocolate-covered fruit.
3. Even a simple cheese board can look professional when it’s packed tightly. Add larger nuts (like pecan, shown here) for more texture.
4. Utilize spreads, like fig jam and apple butter to take your board to the next level.
5. Add bread and crackers to offset the taste of some stronger cheeses.